To integrate your Shine organization with Slack, we'll need your Slack Team ID. Here's how to find it:
(Your Slack ID is NOT your team name, it is a string of numbers and letters)
To get your Slack Team ID, follow the instructions below: (you need to be logged into your Slack account first)
- Go to: https://api.slack.com/methods/auth.test/test (You may need to “Sign in to test authentication” and then go back to this link)
- Below a box with your Organization’s name, you should see a line that says: “Generate tokens to test with here.”
- Click ‘here’ to generate tokens.
- Return to the first page (User your Browser’s Back button)
- Click the button that says “Test Method”
- This will produce a box with a list of values
- One of the listed values will look like this: "team_id": "T9Z2QJL1F"
We will input a channel called #shine for your organization to use for sharing posts. You will need to create a Channel of the same name in Slack or send us an alternative channel name to use. (If you need help creating a Slack Channel, consult the Help & Feedback section of Slack)
Send your Slack Team ID and Channel name to email@example.com